Setting goals will get you on a true path to success in your life. It may seem simple to sit down and write out the goals you want for your life or business, writing is one thing, but taking action can be another thing altogether.
There are 3 ways to know if you will achieve your goals:
• You know what you want
• You are passionate—I mean really- passionate about your goals
• You have a plan of action in place to reach them
What are your dreams? What do you want your life to look like? When you think about these two questions, you probably feel happy when you go to the place of daydreaming about them. But, you don’t have to daydream about what you want, you can turn your dreams into reality.
Below are 5 methods that you can follow that will help you get on the path to success and live the life you dream of.
1. Know exactly what your goal is- The first thing you need to discover is exactly what your life will look like if you achieve your desired goals. Be specific when you write these things down. Your success doesn’t start with money. Success starts in the mindset. If your goal is to have a more successful business- what would that look like? If it is to be more organized and dedicated to your plans- what will that look like? Whatever it is that you want, you must get clarity on it and be as detailed as possible. The universe has a way of opening up and bringing what we call in.
2. Be willing to pay “the cost.” When I say the cost, you must be willing to put in the time it takes to reach your goals. When you set your plans in action, you can create a better lifestyle or successful business. But, there is always a cost that comes with that. The cost can involve time. We have to make adjustments to our everyday schedules to achieve the life we want.
3. Focus on daily goals- Many of us would love to achieve our goals fast. But, it takes time to build something wonderful. That is why we have to have a clear mental focus on what is important. Once again, it starts with mindset. You may have to get rid of some old ways of thinking and get rid of old habits. The only way to reach success is to focus and have clarity. We have to streamline our focus. You can’t have your mind all over the place on all sorts of things on your
journey to success. Commit to your goals daily. Don’t let that take a back seat. Stay on track and stay the course.
4. Get passionate- one tool you should have in your “success tool box” is to have passion for what you want. You should love what you want your life to look like. Embrace what can be and what will be. Intense passion and desire for a goal will fuel the first and get us to our destination faster. Keep learning. Keep growing. Your skills and talents will make room for you when you put your passionate to work with them.
5. Be consistent and take action- Sometimes, taking action and implementing can be so challenging. Being successful and living the life you dream of can be a reality with just a few simple actions taken daily. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take one step at a time. It is the same when we are working on our goals. Just be consistent and take daily action
steps toward where we want to be and where we want to go.
You can create the life you want. You just have to be determined and know exactly what you want. Pursue your dreams with passion. Always take action even if that means small daily actions. Just remember, you can dream about it. But, you have to like Nike says, “ Just Do It.”
Marsha Lynn Hudson is a social media & brand strategist. She helps success-driven entrepreneurs grow a brand and their business online with her 4 Step "Prospects to Profits" framework. She is a professor of writing at a local college in Houston and owns a photography business with her husband. When she is not wearing one of her many hats, she enjoys, reading, journaling, walking, and hanging out in nature. Her core values surround these three words...empower.. educate.. elevate. Find Marsha at www.marshalynnhudson.com
Never want to miss a post? Subscribe HERE
Learn the 7 Steps to Help Sick with Your Budget HERE